POSTED BY on 10:18 PM under
Got an e-mail and I'd sure like to help...but I've been doing some searching and I keep coming up short. Could someone out there in the blogosphere be of assistance?

J.M.J.

Greetings from ***!

Praised be Jesus Christ! My name is Sister *** and I am legally blind. I use a digital talking book player for my spiritual reading. I am longing to read: "Divine Intimacy," by Father Gabriel of St. M. Magdalen, O.C.D. I am looking for an mp3 version to load on my digital player. I would even be happy to find a pdf or .txt version. The player can convert printed materials into speech.

Thank you for your consideration.

God bless you,
Sister ***
Needless to say, I'm sure whoever takes this up this little task for Christ will get some powerful prayers sent their way. If you would be so kind, just leave a link in the comment box or e-mail me using the link on the top left of this site.
5 comments so far:
    Anonymous June 17, 2008 at 8:49 AM , said...

    Unlikely to find this title in digital form - it is a classic and quite expensive to buy. No copies exist on the net, as far as I know.

     
    Anonymous June 17, 2008 at 5:59 PM , said...

    How long is this work?

     
    Catholic Audio June 17, 2008 at 6:15 PM , said...

    In short, Fr., I have no idea. I tried CCEL in the hopes that I'd find it quickly, but no luck. Do you have any leads?

    God Bless,
    Ryan

     
    DimBulb June 18, 2008 at 3:42 PM , said...

    I searched but could find nothing devoted exclusively to the work. I did find a Carmelite podcast site which includes excerpts from the Divine Intimacy. I also found that the Carmelite Nuns from Pittford NY hold the copyright to the work. Perhaps they may be able to help.

    Podcast:
    http://www.discipleswithmicrophones.org/podcasts/info/meditationsfromcarmel/?allepisodes=1

    Pittsford nuns:
    http://www.carmelitesofrochester.org/

     
    Anonymous June 19, 2008 at 12:31 PM , said...

    According to Google Books (http://books.google.ca/books?id=PDkNAAAACAAJ&dq=Divine+Intimacy+gabriel), TAN Books did a reprint back in 2000 that is just over 1200 pages, while Dimension books published it in a few volumes back in the 1980s (which are partially viewable through Google Books). ABE Books has several copies available for sale, too.

    Not that any of this provides immediate help. But it might inspire someone to tackle the project.

     

Copyright Sonitus Sanctus | Using the GreenTech Theme | Bloggerized by Falcon Hive.com