POSTED BY on 10:08 AM under ,
Here's a video I watched today about the objectification of women in advertising. Since it's a human topic, it's also a Catholic topic (even if it's not given as such). I think it's one worth watching.



Video iPod:
The download is starting. Please Save the video file. If the download does not start automatically, right-click this link and choose "Save As".

How to get videos onto the iPod or PSP.
2 comments so far:
    Anonymous February 16, 2008 at 12:05 AM , said...

    Thank you for posting this. Most of what she discusses is of the original feminism before it was highjacked by the abortion lobby.

     
    Anonymous May 6, 2009 at 4:12 PM , said...

    I agree with much of what she has said, but have fundamental differences with a few key points. Women ARE vulnerable and smaller than most men (supermodels excluded). I happen to be only 2 inches shorter than my husband, but I tower above him when I wear my heels. Most of the ads she showed were disgusting and despicable -- the very dregs of modern advertising. I don't follow the tenets of modern feminism and it seems she has whispers of that in her philosophy. All that said, it is an important film and she is, at the very least, exposing and bringing to light some very disturbing aspects of our moral decay. I believe she is knocking on the door right next to truth, but not quite at the door of truth.

     

Copyright Sonitus Sanctus | Using the GreenTech Theme | Bloggerized by Falcon Hive.com