POSTED BY on 10:38 PM under , , , ,

These talks have been a long time coming. A reader wrote me some time ago and asked if I would host some MP3s. I told her that I didn't host things (I only link) but I would be happy to link if/when she could find a host site. Well...she did. Here are the fruits of her labor, hosted by ProEcclesia.


Recordings of four Retreats by the English Jesuit Fr. Bernard Basset S.J.
These next four collections were donated by Janet Selby of Newark, Ohio. They download as separate .mp3 tracks relating to the cassettes on which they were recorded.
Fr.Basset S.J. A Parliament of Saints:
1A Without which you will not see The Lord - Hebrews 12
1B If the Prophet had commanded you - 2 Kings 5
2A Light from light - the Nicene Creed
2B Go down to the potter's house - Jeremiah 18
3A Look, there is the lamb of God - John 1
3B I will obey your statutes - Psalm 119
4A A stranger in your own house - Utopia, Thomas More
4B We have become a spectacle - 1 Corinthians 4

ps1A.mp3
ps1B.mp3
ps2A.mp3
ps2B.mp3
ps3A.mp3
ps3B.mp3
ps4A.mp3
ps4B.mp3
Fr.Basset S.J. A Week-end with Cardinal Newman:
1A Welcome to our Retreat
1B One step enough for me
2A Can you speak the language?
2B Garbage in - garbage out
3A See but One in All Things
3B Keeping up with the Joneses
4A Conscience makes cowards of us all
4B The long search
5A Most sure in all His ways
5B The humiliation of the Eternal Son
6A Next witness please
6B Put away the things of a child
7A Growth the only evidence of life
7B Show me the way to go home

cn1A.mp3
cn1B.mp3
cn2A.mp3
cn2B.mp3
cn3A.mp3
cn3B.mp3
cn4A.mp3
cn4B.mp3
cn5A.mp3
cn5B.mp3
cn6A.mp3
cn6B.mp3
cn7A.mp3
cn7B.mp3
Fr.Basset S.J. A Week-end with St. Sir Thomas More:
1A How to make the Thomas More Retreat - new school of thought
1B All the world's a stage
2A He was his own master
2B A stranger in his own house
3A Wonder is the basis of worship
3B Here I sit
4A The King's good servant - but God's first (part 1)
4B The King's good servant - but God's first (part 2).


tm1A.mp3
tm1B.mp3
tm2A.mp3
tm2B.mp3
tm3A.mp3
tm3B.mp3
tm4A.mp3
tm4B.mp3

Fr.Basset S.J. From the bicentennial to the tricentennial - Beginnings of the Faith in the New World :
1A An Englishman reflects on the American bicentennial
1B Collapse of Catholicism in England - Faith of St Thomas
2A From London to Chesapeake Bay
2B Why an indian Emporer changed his name to Charlie
3A Priests on horseback - to Mass by rowing boat
3B Two bishops in the same boat (ecumenism)
4A Mother Seton - the first American saint
4B A boy called John Carroll


nw1A.mp3
nw1B.mp3
nw2A.mp3
nw2B.mp3
nw3A.mp3
nw3B.mp3
nw4A.mp3
nw4B.mp3
2 comments so far:
    Thomas R. Doud, O.D. December 24, 2008 at 1:51 PM , said...

    Fr. Basset is awesome. He is very entertaining. Thank you very much for these posts.

     
    Janet S January 6, 2009 at 12:41 AM , said...

    I love Fr Basset. I was introduced to him about 5 years ago through his cassette tapes. I've listened to his tapes over and over until I almost wore them out. I have dreamed of a time when I could share his tapes with everybody. Thanks to the ProEcclesia website, my dream has come true. Tom, glad to hear you like him too.

     

Copyright Sonitus Sanctus | Using the GreenTech Theme | Bloggerized by Falcon Hive.com