POSTED BY on 9:58 AM under
A kindly webmaster sent this in...

I'm _____ and I have the MP3 library at http://catholicaudio.us. You have extensive links to my anonymous ftp server at ftp://217.160.246.215. This is fine, as over a thousand files a day are downloaded, 24x7. Here's the problem: a week ago Romanian hackers attacked my server, shutting it down for a day. They had the temerity to leave behind a calling card with "mariaave" on it, showing they know just what they are doing.

I managed to get the server limping along but had to move everything to a new server, at a new IP address. So for the moment the old server is up but it could crash at any time under the repeated hacker attacks. Here's how you can help: do a global search-and-replace of your links. Every place you have "217.160.246.215", replace it with "catholicaudio.us". I have kept the relative paths, directories, and file names the same to minimize your effort.

You might want to try testing it yourself after converting a single links page. Once you know the new links work, you can convert the rest. This new server is much more advanced and secure. Plus, if I have to change platforms again, the named-server will resolve better than a hard IP address.
If you notice you're having trouble downloading some files, this is probably why. I'll get to work on the problem, but it won't be a quick fix since I have no idea how to do a global search-and-replace through blogger. In the interim, I apologize for any inconvenience.
2 comments so far:
    J Peregrine June 16, 2011 at 8:39 PM , said...

    Hi, I appreciated the collection at ftp://217.160.246.215 / www.catholicaudio.us . Have you ever heard any more from the site owner?

    Jeff L.

     
    ifffam March 14, 2013 at 9:05 PM , said...

    Hello! Thank you so much for all this solid stuff. Just a question: I have done ftp to catholicaudio.us and have downloaded all the EWTN programs, but many of the files here in Sonitus Sanctus are not there: for example, Scott Hahn's presentations with Gus... something, from Scripture Matters, that are in Sonitus Sanctus. Is there another ftp address where to get all the audios of sonitus sanctus? I would very much appreciate it. Thank you and God bless you and your family!
    Justin

     

Copyright Sonitus Sanctus | Using the GreenTech Theme | Bloggerized by Falcon Hive.com