POSTED BY on 1:41 PM under
I've previously posted the most common of the Church's prayers, hymns and chants in Latin in my posts on Latin and Chants, but here are a few more. They're in .wav format, so you may need to see my post on Converting RealAudio to MP3 (which also converts .wav to MP3).

Without further ado, here they are:

ANIMA CHRISTI

ANIMA Christi, sanctífica me.
Corpus Christi, salva me.
Sanguis Christi, inébria me.
Aqua láteris Christi, lava me.
Pássio Christi, confórta me.
O bone Iesu, exáudi me.
Intra tua vúlnera abscónde me.
Ne permíttas me separári a te.
Ab hoste malígno defénde me.
In hora mortis meæ voca me.
Et iube me veníre ad te,
Ut cum Sanctis tuis laudem te
In saécula sæculórum.
Amen

Listen to the Latin


ALMA REDEMPTORIS

The Alma Redemptóris is said in the period from Evening Prayer of the Saturday before first Sunday in Advent to Evening Prayer II of the Feast of the Presentation of the Lord.

ALMA Redemptóris Mater, quae pérvia caeli
porta manes, et stella maris, succúrre cadénti,
súgere qui currat, pópulo: tu quae genuísti
natúra miránte, tuum sanctum Genitórem:
virgo prius ac postérius, Gabriélis ab ore
sumens illud Ave, peccatórum miserére.

Listen to the Latin

AVE REGINA COELORUM

The Ave Regina Cœlorum is said in the period from Night Prayer on the Feast of the Presentation of the Lord to Holy Saturday.

AVE Regina Cœlórum!
Ave Dómina Angelórum!
Salve, radix, salve porta,
ex qua mundo lux est orta.

Gaude, Virgo gloriósa,
super omnes speciósa.
Vale, o valde decóra.
Et pro nobis Christum exóra

Listen to the Latin

1 comments so far:
    tlwest August 9, 2007 at 3:08 PM , said...

    Thanks for all your hard work!

     

Copyright Sonitus Sanctus | Using the GreenTech Theme | Bloggerized by Falcon Hive.com