POSTED BY on 9:07 AM under ,
I know a lot of you owe some measure of gratitude to Dr. Hahn. If you either (1) wandered away from the Church and have come back in the last 20 years or (2) are just learning your faith, chances are you've either read his works or read works by folks he has heavily influenced.

That said, here's a lecture of his from the Letter and Spirit site:

Dr. Scott HahnThe Liturgical Hermeneutic: Reading the Bible from the Heart of the Church


Dr. Scott Hahn
Founder and President
St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology


part 1 part 2 part 3 part 4 part 5 part 6 part 7

4 comments so far:
    Anonymous April 4, 2008 at 10:00 PM , said...

    As much as I appreciate Dr. Hahn, I just simply get lost during his lectures. His language is often way to highly academic. So many times it's easy to lose focus on a topic because he goes way too in depth. This is coming from a guy who is an A student studying at a seminary as a lay student. He offers a lot of good information but for many of us, it requires slow consumption.

     
    Anonymous April 10, 2008 at 11:31 PM , said...

    I get a great deal out of Scott Hahn's lectures. I may not absorb everything but what I do get is profoundly helpful and full of insight. Some days lectures just are not the "food" I'm looking for. On days like that devotional sermons are better for me. Or the psalms.

     
    Anonymous April 11, 2008 at 12:49 PM , said...

    From his testimonial I read from The Journey Home site I knew I need to renew my own faith in the Catholic Church. He and the others went through a great deal to find the truth and yet me born into the faith take my Catholic faith for granted. They were persecuted by their families, relatives and friends but they gain much much more. They did not loose their families instead they gain much bigger family. Praise God. I have been so far away, so near but yet so far. Each and every one of us needs to learn our faith at a deeper level not just simply going to Mass every Sunday. Spiritual journey is every minute every second of our everyday life. Not just after Mass we done with it put it aside which I am sure many of us do. We are in very difficult times now so it is never too late to start exploring and learn and sharpen our knowledge and faith in the Holy One Catholic Church. Trust me many articles out there that spread so many lies about the Catholic Church and make me so sad inside because I know that wasn’t true especially when they say we worship Mary, we are not true Christian and the lists goes on and on and on.. And you know “Despite persecutions, scandals, and the sins of her members, the Catholic Church lives on. She has stood invincible throughout two thousand years of history and will last until the end of time, for Christ Himself promised that she would.” "“And I tell you, you are Peter,” said the Lord. “And on this rock I will build My Church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it” (Matt. 16:18)."

    NanV

     
    Anonymous February 25, 2009 at 7:57 AM , said...

    you can listen to it more than once :) if you listen to it a few times i'm sure you won't get lost.

     

Copyright Sonitus Sanctus | Using the GreenTech Theme | Bloggerized by Falcon Hive.com