POSTED BY on 9:36 PM under
Fr. Z reports:
On Monday evening, 1 March 2010, Archbishop Charles Chaput of Denver gave a speech at Houston Baptist University called “The Vocation of Christians in American Public Life”.

The lecture was presented in coordination with the Pope John Paul II Forum for the Church in the Modern World at the University of St. Thomas.

He criticized President John F. Kennedy’s historic campaign speech on his faith impacting his possible presidency as “sincere, compelling, articulate – and wrong.”

I think this was a very important address. As such, I decided to make a PODCAzT by reading the text of the Archbishop’s speech (yes, it is available also on Youtube) with by comments before and after. I received the link to the Youtube page while I was making this, but decided to post anyway. And my rendering of the talk section is a bit short that the original. Check the page of the Archdiocese of Denver.
icon for podpress 10-03-02 Archbp. Chaput on The Vocation of Christians in American Public Life [49:55m]: Hide Player | Play in Popup | Download
1 comments so far:
    Cheap Cosmetics April 10, 2010 at 2:23 AM , said...

    Thanks for the useful information. I visit your site and my self very appreciate with this blog. In this blog which you have write about I think this was a very important address. As such, I decided to make a PODCAzT by reading the text of the Archbishop’s speech That is very very important for us. Thanks a lot.

     

Copyright Sonitus Sanctus | Using the GreenTech Theme | Bloggerized by Falcon Hive.com