POSTED BY on 8:56 PM under ,
.
Is the only good Muslim a bad Muslim? Let's hear from one of my Catholic intellectual heroes Dr. Peter Kreeft!


7 comments so far:
    Anonymous November 9, 2010 at 10:26 PM , said...

    bunch of ignorant bigots

     
    CatholicAudio November 10, 2010 at 11:06 AM , said...

    It's a two hour video of scholarly and charitable dialog. If there's an ignorant bigot here it's not one of the folks on the video, Anon.

     
    Anonymous November 10, 2010 at 12:40 PM , said...

    Great stuff. Really enjoyed this video--lots of lively exchange, and best of all, mostly factual. If only every university were as open to this kind of debate!

     
    Schütz November 11, 2010 at 7:08 AM , said...

    Yes, thanks for this, and for all that you do at Sonitus Sanctus. I listen to many of your recommendations. This one goes along with Kreeft's new book "Between Allah & Jesus". I have blogged about this on my own blogsite (http://scecclesia.wordpress.com/2010/11/10/peter-kreeft-on-what-christians-can-learn-from-islam/), and about this disucssion. It is a very important discussion to be had, and i think Prof. Kreeft has the right idea.

     
    Greg Aitchison November 12, 2010 at 4:48 PM , said...

    I watched the full thing last night. It was nice to see a debate between two Catholics who, in the end, still showed respect for one another. After watching I concluded that Kreeft was definitely more of a Muslim idealist while Spencer was the realist. By looking at the comments below the video, however, you would think Kreeft didn't even have one good thing to contribute (I completely disagreed). You just have to keep in mind that Spencer's website (JihadWatch) posted the video which, to me, seems like it would attract many Spencer-followers to begin with.

    Sorry - I just feel like someone needed to defend Kreeft's side of the debate.

     
    Thomas November 13, 2010 at 1:09 PM , said...

    I have been a fan of Dr. Peter Kreeft since I was introduced to his works in my philosophy courses in college. However, after watching this debate, I think it would be best that he sticks with Christian theology and philosophy. It was obvious that Kreef's knowledge of the Koran/Islam and its tradition is limited and deficient in comparison to Spencer. Given what Kreeft said during the debate, it was a given that Kreeft has not read the Koran and studied the Koran in its entirety.

     
    Ma Tucker March 30, 2011 at 12:28 PM , said...

    Was that chaplain at the start a Catholic? I have never seen any catholic make the sign of the cross like that before? Maybe he was nervous.

     

Copyright Sonitus Sanctus | Using the GreenTech Theme | Bloggerized by Falcon Hive.com