POSTED BY on 7:40 AM under ,
Here are some recordings of the stations of the cross for your Lenten growth:

Rosary Army's Podcast Extra: Stations of the Cross

The stations of the cross based on those celebrated by Pope John Paul II on Good Friday 1991, prayed by Greg and Jennifer Willits, founders of Rosary Army. Visit www.RosaryArmy.com for more from Rosary Army.

__________________

The Stations of the cross MP3 link

__________________

Here’s how J.S. Bach in his St. Matthew Passion renders the moment on the Cross where Christ says, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?” to the following words: [Listen to the mp3 segment here, set to the following words:]

Be near me, Lord, when dying
O part not you from me!
And to my succor flying,
Come, Lord, and set me free!
And when my heart must languish
In death’s last awful throe,
Release me from my anguish,
By your own pain and woe.

Here’s the same moment as Bach renders it in his St. John Passion.


1 comments so far:
    DimBulb February 23, 2008 at 11:00 AM , said...

    Hello,

    One of my sites is called CATHOLIC BOOKWORM and it provides links to many, many, online books and articles of interest to Catholics. It also includes an "Audio Books and Podcasts Page" you might be interested in.

    Also, are you familiar with the Catholic Tube site? If not, here is a link to it:
    http://www.catholic-tube.com/

    And a link to my Catholic Bookworm audio/video page:
    http://cbworm.stblogs.com/audio-books-and-podcasts/

     

Copyright Sonitus Sanctus | Using the GreenTech Theme | Bloggerized by Falcon Hive.com