POSTED BY on 2:09 PM under

Errors in Biblical Exegesis
'It would be a miracle if one found a professor of scripture who believes what he teaches'.
Dr.Wm.A.Marra Errors in Biblical Exegesis - Part 1 talk_WMErrors1.mp3
Dr.Wm.A.Marra Errors in Biblical Exegesis - Part 2 talk_WMErrors2.mp3
Dr.Wm.A.Marra Errors in Biblical Exegesis - Part 3 talk_WMErrors3.mp3
4 comments so far:
    p October 27, 2007 at 8:53 PM , said...

    Nice! I've listened to a number of the late Dr. Marra's lectures in the past, and I always love getting a chance to listen to some new ones. I really love the work that he and the rest of the Roman Forum have done.

     
    Catholic Audio October 29, 2007 at 4:13 AM , said...

    I've been listening to his lecture, and I have to say that the first two parts didn't really provide a lot of meat for me to sink my teeth into (I'm not quite finished with the third part). Basically, he says that modern translations suck (which they do) and we should be on our guard against modern Scripture scholars, a point which Pope Benedict makes far more profoundly and eloquently in his book Jesus of Nazareth -- a book which I tell you how to get for free on MP3 here:
    http://catholicaudio.blogspot.com/2007/08/who-wants-holy-fathers-new-book-on-mp3.html

    This is not to say it's all bad. I quite like his style of presentation, and I'll most definitely link to his talks again.

    God Bless

     
    p October 31, 2007 at 9:59 PM , said...

    I haven't had a chance to listen to them yet, but it sounds like the same Exegesis lecture that I downloaded from keepthefaith.org. In that one, he gets completely sidetracked very early on and basically rants until almost the very end. You're right about his lack of elegance, but something about his humor has really grown on me.

    I've really enjoyed his philosophy lectures, especially the ones on Plato's Timaeus and his series on Augustine's Confessions.

     
    Anonymous March 23, 2008 at 7:26 PM , said...

    I've listened to many of Dr. Marra's talks. He is one the most profound and gifted lecturers I have ever heard. He presents topics and questions with a clarity not often found.He makes understanding difficult subjects easier to understand and has been a godsend to me.

     

Copyright Sonitus Sanctus | Using the GreenTech Theme | Bloggerized by Falcon Hive.com