POSTED BY on 7:28 AM under
A reader wrote in and recommended Fr. Daniel Deutsche to me. Here's his autobiography:

I was born in 1962 in St. Charles, IL. My mom and dad, Pat and Bernie Deutsch and my 5 brothers and sisters and I grew up in St. Patrick Church. Most of my family still lives in the parish with the rest not far away.

Raised and educated in a strong Catholic faith, I graduated from Northern Illinios University with a degeee in finance and economics. I worked in Chicago at the Mercantile Exchange trading Eurodollars for several years. All the while, even from my earliest days I felt a great attraction to the priesthood. Finally, I realized that God was not going to stop pursuing me so I let go of the life of a bond trader and began my journey to the priesthood.

After being accepted by the Diocese of Rockford, I attended the University of St. Mary of the Lake Seminary in Mundelein, IL for my formation and was ordained a priest in 1994. Upon serving as a priest in several parishes as an associate pastor and then pastor, I was appointed to lead Holy Cross in 2001. The joy of being the pastor of such a vibrant parish grows every day.

I'm really looking forward to listening, as the reader-recommended lecturers are typically much better than what I simply stumble upon on the internet. Case in point: SPEAKER: Fr. Hudgins -- but I've raved about him enough. It's Fr. Deutsche's turn. Here's Fr. Deutsche's audio presentation The Mass Explained:
3 comments so far:
    Christopher October 21, 2007 at 12:45 AM , said...

    I Listend to these today
    they were pretty good

    I would also like to see if you could find some audio of a priest as well

    Fr. Larry Richards?

    Got anything from him?

    Thanks

     
    Anonymous October 29, 2007 at 10:38 AM , said...

    You can get a free copy of the Mass explained by Father Richards at:

    http://www.catholicity.com/cds/mass.html

    Shalom

     
    Sam June 30, 2009 at 3:28 PM , said...

    Fr. Deutsch is now Msgr. Deutsch! :) I have attended his masses many times...he is excellent.

     

Copyright Sonitus Sanctus | Using the GreenTech Theme | Bloggerized by Falcon Hive.com